RECIPE: Organic Vegan Curry
Date Posted:8 June 2023
[@access_control@] [@article_id@] [@blog_author@] [@blog_content@] [@blog_id@] [@blog_subheader@] [@blog_subject@] [@category_id@] [@category_name@] [@category_ref@] [@category_subheader@] [@ccat_id@] [@compat_id@] [@compat_list_id@] [@compatcat_description@] [@compatcat_description2@] [@compatcat_fullname@] [@compatcat_name@] [@compatcat_ref@] [@content@] [@content_allow_reviews@] [@content_author@] [@content_compatibility_code@] [@content_description1@] [@content_description2@] [@content_description3@] [@content_external_ref1@] [@content_external_ref2@] [@content_external_ref3@] [@content_external_src@] [@content_fullpath@] [@content_id@] [@content_label1@] [@content_label2@] [@content_label3@] [@content_level@] [@content_module@] [@content_name@] [@content_ref@] [@content_short_description1@] [@content_short_description2@] [@content_short_description3@] [@content_type_code@] [@content_type_id@] [@content_type_name@] [@content_wufoo_form@] [@date_posted@] [@date_updated@] [@description@] [@description2@] [@external_ref@] [@gp_restriction@] [@id@] [@name@] [@page_content@] [@page_editor@] [@page_header@] [@page_id@] [@page_index@] [@page_subheader@] [@parent_ccat_id@] [@parent_content_id@] [@parent_id@] [@rating@](CODE) [@rating_decimal@](CODE) [@rating_round_half@](CODE) [@reviews@](CODE) [@short_description@] [@sortorder@] [@subtitle@] [@templatebody@] [@templatefoot@] [@templatehead@] [@templatesearch@] [@thumb@](CODE) [@thumb_alt@](CODE) [@thumb_alt1@](CODE) [@thumb_content_type_id@] [@timestamp@] [@title@] [@url@]
Looking for a delicious, warming, and most importantly quick organic curry recipe for your weeknight dinner? Look no further!
What's better than a delicious wholesome curry on a cold wintery night? One that's so quick and easy to prepare, that's what! We love the Westcountry Spice Organic Korma Curry Paste, with a good splash of coconut cream! This is their vegan recipe, but you can always add your favourite protein if that's your jam!
- 1 Packet of Westcountry Spice Organic Korma Paste
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- 2 large Onions finely diced
- 3 mixed colour peppers cut into strips
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g Coconut cream
- 6 large vine ripened tomato’s cut into thirds
- 500g pre cooked sweet Potato’s cut in half
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 100g roasted cashew nuts
1. Begin by placing a large heavy based pan onto a medium high heat. Once hot, place the oil into the pan, followed by the diced onions. The onions are going to give the curry a delicate sweetness. You want to cook them well, but without giving them any colour.
2. Continue to cook the onions on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. When the onions are soft and translucent, you can then place the pepper slices into the pan, give them a good stir and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Once the peppers have started to cook, add in your Westcountry Spice Korma Paste. This will take a moment to start to melt, and then give it a good stir.
4. Once all of the paste has been thoroughly mixed in, add the stock into the pan and cook until two/thirds of the stock has evaporated. The reason behind putting the stock in with the paste, is to give the curry body, and an almost saucy element to the final curry.
5. Continuing on a medium heat, add in the tomatoes and continue to cook until they just start to break down – this won’t take long! Once at this stage, add in the coconut cream and leave the cream to dissolve into the curry – again, this will not take long!
6. Finally add the cooked potatoes, 3/4 of the coriander and 3/4 of the cashews (reserve some back to sprinkle on top at the end) to the curry and then remove from the heat. Check the curry for seasoning and make sure you are happy with it.
7. To serve, we’d plate it with the remaining coriander and cashew nuts, with boiled basmati rice on the side.
The curry should have a slight yellow tinge too it and it should taste creamy and rich with a subtle spice taste of coriander and Tumeric.
Westcountry Spice Curry Pastes are proudly organic, which means they're not only delicious, but so good for the whole family. We all know that pain of not knowing what to cook for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner! Keep your pantry stocked with these delicious organic curry pastes!