RECIPE: Vegan sausage and bean cassoulet
Date Posted:11 April 2023
[@access_control@] [@article_id@] [@blog_author@] [@blog_content@] [@blog_id@] [@blog_subheader@] [@blog_subject@] [@category_id@] [@category_name@] [@category_ref@] [@category_subheader@] [@ccat_id@] [@compat_id@] [@compat_list_id@] [@compatcat_description@] [@compatcat_description2@] [@compatcat_fullname@] [@compatcat_name@] [@compatcat_ref@] [@content@] [@content_allow_reviews@] [@content_author@] [@content_compatibility_code@] [@content_description1@] [@content_description2@] [@content_description3@] [@content_external_ref1@] [@content_external_ref2@] [@content_external_ref3@] [@content_external_src@] [@content_fullpath@] [@content_id@] [@content_label1@] [@content_label2@] [@content_label3@] [@content_level@] [@content_module@] [@content_name@] [@content_ref@] [@content_short_description1@] [@content_short_description2@] [@content_short_description3@] [@content_type_code@] [@content_type_id@] [@content_type_name@] [@content_wufoo_form@] [@date_posted@] [@date_updated@] [@description@] [@description2@] [@external_ref@] [@gp_restriction@] [@id@] [@name@] [@page_content@] [@page_editor@] [@page_header@] [@page_id@] [@page_index@] [@page_subheader@] [@parent_ccat_id@] [@parent_content_id@] [@parent_id@] [@rating@](CODE) [@rating_decimal@](CODE) [@rating_round_half@](CODE) [@reviews@](CODE) [@short_description@] [@sortorder@] [@subtitle@] [@templatebody@] [@templatefoot@] [@templatehead@] [@templatesearch@] [@thumb@](CODE) [@thumb_alt@](CODE) [@thumb_alt1@](CODE) [@thumb_content_type_id@] [@timestamp@] [@title@] [@url@]
Craving a wholesome and hearty meal that's not only delicious and organic, but also plant-based? Look no further! Try out this incredible recipe featuring Biona certified organic Baked Beans as the star ingredient.
Craving a wholesome and hearty meal that's not only delicious and organic, but also plant-based? Look no further! Try out this incredible recipe featuring Biona certified organic Baked Beans as the star ingredient. They really are the magical fruit!
1 red onion
4 garlic cloves
1 red pepper
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tins (800ml) chopped tomatoes
350ml vegetable stock
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 bay leaves
2 jars (700g) Biona Organic Baked Beans
8 vegan sausages
1 small bunch fresh thyme, to garnish
4 baked jacket potatoes, to serve
- In a heavy bottom pan on medium heat add a tbsp of vegetable oil. Finely chop the onion and add to the pan.
- Crush the garlic and roughly chop the pepper into small pieces. Add to the pan, stir and let fry for a few minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, dried thyme, smoked paprika and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a minute.
- Next add the baked beans, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and leave for 20 minutes.
- Fry the sausages in a separate pan on medium heat according to packet instructions.
- After 20 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages to the stew and sprinkle over your fresh thyme leaves. Serve with the jacket potatoes and enjoy!
Whether you're a plant-based enthusiast or simply looking to try something new, this cassoulet recipe is a winner! Packed with protein, fiber, and natural goodness, it's a nutritious and satisfying meal option that the whole family will enjoy. Wholesome Hub are proud to stock Biona Organic in Australia. Check out the whole Biona range today.